Baby massage is a great way to spend time with your baby and there are different options based on the age of your baby and your personal preferences. Whether you’re enjoying a magical time with your baby or struggling with post natal depression, baby massage can help strengthen the emotional bond with your baby and give you a fun and special time together.
However you choose to learn baby massage, each method is designed to ensure you will feel confident massaging your baby and know how to adapt the massage as your baby grows.
For babies over 7 weeks of age
Choose any of the following to safely learn baby massage in a way which suits you and your baby:
● In the comfort of your own home as a family, learning the routine at the pace of your baby. This option is available in Bristol and Bath
● Home tuition with friends, where the course is taught over two weeks (five weeks is available if preferred). This option is available in Bristol and Bath
● An organised five week baby massage course at a venue, where you meet and chat with other parents. This option is available in Bristol and North Somerset childrens’ centres. Children centre classes are booked directly with the centre and willl have about 10 parents, while the centre baby massage group is much smaller with about 3-4 parents.
For babies under 7 weeks of age or are particularly unsettled
● Receive individual tuition with a settle and soothe routine, designed to help with common newborn settling issues
● A simple routine involving several strategies to help you and your baby
● A different routine to the baby massage you can learn when your baby is over 7 weeks of age